Fujifilm GFX: It is finally here!


Well here is the new beast for a three week test.  I'll be taking the Fujifilm GFX50S to Spa-Francorchamps and Monza for some pitlane / motorsport action and also up into the Highlands of Scotland for some landscape work.  I had seen the new camera when I had a meeting at Fujifilm HQ in Tokyo last October but I wasn't allowed to keep any of the images I shot inside the building.

I used to shoot Medium Format back in the 1990s with a Fujifilm GA645 and a Bronica ETRSi and I used these cameras for landscape, portraits / weddings and even shot sport on the Bronica, so I was very much looking forward to giving the GFX a good test run.

The camera has arrived with the three lenses that were originally launched - the 32-64mm f4 zoom (25-51mm equivalent), the 63mm f2.8 (50mm) and the 120mm f4 macro (95mm) - which gives me a range of lenses to use.


Belhaven Bay - Fujifilm GFX50S + GF32-64mm f4R LM WR

To test the camera out I went local here in East Lothian, out to Belhaven Bay and also along the coast to Aberlady and Tantallon Castle to test out the various settings before I use the camera in anger.  I have to say the GFX is very much like the X-T2 and any Fujifilm X Series user picking the GFX up would get to grips with it in no time at all.

The camera is big, it is Medium Format after all, but it is no bigger than my old Nikon D800 with a sensor that is 1.7x bigger - it's massive.

I have tried all three lenses and the zoom is my favourite so far.  The results are impressive but they do take a while longer to download even on my super fast iMac (I've not attempted a download on my laptop yet!  

The only concern I have is the camera only came with one battery and they are different to the type used in the X Series cameras.  I might be keeping an eye on the battery meter on Friday!

Anyway here is a few test shots and I will report back once I have given the camera its first real world test on Friday in the Highlands.


Aberlady - Fujifilm GFX50S + GF32-64mm f4R LM WR


Belhaven Bay Bridge - Fujifilm GFX50S + GF32-64mm f4R LM WR

Fujifilm GFX50S + GF120mm f4R LM OIS WR Macro
CLICK HERE for more information on the Fujifilm GFX system

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PLEASE SUPPORT THIS BLOG BY VISITING THE ADVERTISERS ON THIS PAGE
By clicking on the adverts you are helping support this blog - thank you.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALL IMAGES (UNLESS INDICATED) ARE THE PROPERTY OF MACLEAN PHOTOGRAPHIC AND CANNOT BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION


MacLean Photographic run Tours and Workshops in East Lothian and the Borders of Scotland.  CLICK HERE for more details and availability


Jeff Carter is an Official Fujifilm X Photographer and was named as a Fujifilm brand ambassador in June 2015. In 2016 he worked with the company on the launches of the Fujifilm X-Pro2 in Tokyo and the Fujifilm X-T2 in Paris in July 2016.  You can view his profile and gallery on the Fujifilm website HERE

If you like what you see on this blog please visit our Facebook page and click 'like'



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: Using Nikon Lenses on a Fuji X Camera

Rode Wireless Go for the Fujifilm X-T4

REVIEW: The New Fujinon 2x Converter